Caramel Apple Bites
This is what I like to call a “method” recipe. That means that it is not exact measurements and just follows some loose guidelines. It also means that you can make it your own by changing it up for your specific tastes. The possibilities for these bites are endless, just think of all the different types of caramel apples you like to eat, and then imagine them in a bite size.
Dried Apple Slices
I used a can sourced from store.lds.org. They are a great resource for shelf-stable items packaged in #10 cans. You can also get them from Augason Farms, which is available online and in some grocery stores. You want the apples to have a freeze-dried texture, not a chewy soft-dried texture.
I love Peter’s Caramel. It is easy to work with, lasts a long time and is easy to find online or in baking stores
White Chocolate Snaps are a great flavor without having to temper chocolate. I purchased mine at Orson Gygi, which is a Company local to Utah. Amazon also carries white chocolate snaps.
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 cup sugar
3. Melt 1/2 of a 5lb caramel loaf by cutting it into 2-inch cubes and heating it in a microwave bowl in 30 second increments, stirring well in between heating. You want the caramel to be pourable but not bubbly.
4. Holding the tip of each apple slice, dip it 1/2 to 3/4 into the caramel. Wipe the bottom on the rim of your caramel bowl to remove excess and then place apple slice onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat for all the apple slices, let set until cool.
5. Melt 2 pounds of white chocolate according to package directions in a microwave safe bowl. I usually heat it in 30 second increments, stirring until it is just melted. It is best to stir out the last few lumps so as not to overheat it.
6. Dip apple slices into white chocolate, almost covering caramel but leaving just a little showing. Place apple slice on parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Sprinkle immediately with cinnamon sugar. I usually dip about 6 pieces in chocolate and then pause to sprinkle with sugar.
8. Repeat steps until all apple slices are covered. Let cool. Enjoy!
Be sure to tag @BakeitwithBrooke on Instagram if you recreate this yummy treat!
5/4/2020 07:39:06 pm
I am so impressed!!! Best baker I know!
5/4/2020 07:50:59 pm
These are so yummy delicious! Love the step by step easy directions Brooke! Fantastic!
5/4/2020 08:54:21 pm
I am totally going to make these ASAP! They look amazing!
5/15/2020 12:23:49 pm
I just made these and they are SO yummy!! Thanks for the recipe!!
Leave a Reply.
Here you can find all my recipes, my favorite kitchen tools, and everything in between. Enjoy!