S’more Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
1 cup sour cream
½ cup water
½ cup canola oil
1 devil’s food cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 bag mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil, sour cream and water. Mix until well combined.
3. Add cake mix and chocolate pudding and mix on medium speed until well blended, about 2 minutes.
4. Place graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl; stir until well combined.
5. Place 1 tablespoon graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each prepared muffin cup. Use the bottom of a metal spoon to pack crumbs into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Reserve remaining graham cracker mixture for topping.
6. Place 1 teaspoon chocolate chips in each muffin cup. Transfer muffin tins to oven and bake until the edges of the graham cracker mixture is golden, about 5 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and fill each muffin cup three-quarters full with cake batter. Sprinkle each with remaining graham cracker mixture and a few chocolate chips. Return to oven and bake until tops are firm and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer muffin tins to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely.
8. Prepare marshmallow frosting.
9. Transfer frosting to a large pastry bag fitted with a large plain round or star tip. Pipe frosting in a spiral motion on each cupcake. Transfer cupcakes to a baking sheet. Using a kitchen torch, lightly brown the frosting, taking care not to burn the cupcake liners. You can also quickly brown the frosting under the broiling element in your oven. Preheat the broiler to hi. Place cupcakes about 6 inches below the broiler element. While watching constantly, broil the cupcakes for about 2 minutes until the tops are browned. Do not walk away while the cupcakes are browning! They will burn very quickly.
Marshmallow Frosting Ingredients:
8 large egg whites
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Place egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer. Set over a saucepan with simmering water. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Transfer bowl to electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat, starting on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until stiff, glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes. Add vanilla, and mix until combined. Use immediately.
Leave a Reply.
Here you can find all my recipes, my favorite kitchen tools, and everything in between. Enjoy!