1 cup soy sauce (I prefer Kikkoman’s)
1 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (if using dried powdered ginger use less, about ½ teaspoon)
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1. Place meat that is being marinated into a large Ziploc bag.
2. Pour the marinade ingredients over the meat in the bag.
3. Seal the bag completely and mix the marinade by kneading the sealed bag with your hands.
4. Refrigerate meat in marinade for at least 4 hours, up to 12.
5. Grill over medium flame until desired doneness.
Fresh Pineapple Spears or Rings (I buy mine in spears from Costco)
Brown sugar, about 1/3 cup
Sprinkle pineapple with brown sugar on all sides.
Let sit for 30-60 minutes
Grill over high heat for 2-3 minutes a side.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Brussel Sprouts, about 2 pounds
Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
Trim ends of Brussel Sprouts and cut in half or quarters so they are close to uniform in size. This will help with even cooking.
Arrange trimmed Brussel Sprouts on cookie sheet. Don’t over crowd them. You want to see the pan around each sprout.
Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and Salt and Pepper to your taste.
Roast sprouts in oven for about 20 minutes, tossing them after 10 for even browning. If you are roasting 2 pans at once, rotate the pans at the 10-minute mark. Roast until desired doness.
Leave a Reply.
Here you can find all my recipes, my favorite kitchen tools, and everything in between. Enjoy!